Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Credit Union Attorneys Legal Directory?
- Do I have to represent a credit union to be listed??
- How much does it cost to be listed in the directory?
- Can I be listed in more than one city or state?
- Can I change my listing whenever I want?
- How many attorneys can be in my listing?
- How many credit unions can I list?
- Why should I list in the directory?
- I'm a current subscriber. How do I log in to manage my listings?
- How do I change my email address that I use to log into my account?
- I'm a current subscriber. Can I still email my listing changes to LDI?
- Can I still pay my subscription fee by check?
- How long as the directory been in existence?
1. What is the Credit Union Attorneys Legal Directory?
The Credit Union Attorneys Legal Directory is an online directory of attorneys through the United States who represent or are available for representation of State and Federal Credit Unions, banks, or other financial institutions in legal matters particularly those dealing with creditors' rights. Top
2. Do I have to represent a credit union to be listed?
No. The criteria and qualifications for being listed in this directory does not require that the attorneys represent State or Federal Credit Unions but only that attorneys are available for representation of credit unions or financial institutions if referred legal matter. Top
3. How much does it cost to be listed in the directory?
The cost for listing in the directory is $95 per year for the first listing and $40 for each additional listing per year. Top
4. Can I be listed in more than one city or state?
Yes. Each additional listing is 40 per year. Top
5. Can I change my listing whenever I want?
Yes. You can log into your account to make changes yourself. Or you may email LDI@creditunionatty.com with your requested changes. Our staff will make the changes within 24 hours and you will be notified via email that the change has been made. Top
6. How many attorneys can be in my listing?
Up to 10 attorneys can be included in your listing. Top
7. How many credit unions can be in my listing?
Each listing can lists up to 50 credit unions. Some attorneys choose to specify "Many credit unions represented" but by listing credit unions by name, those credit unions are searchable in the online directory. Top
8. Why should I list in the directory?
In the practice of creditor and financial institutions law, frequently attorneys, credit unions, banks and financial institutions have need to correspond and refer legal matters to counsel in distant states and cities. This is necessitated by the fact that customers move from state to state and continue their business transactions with their original financial institution. According to the Credit Union National Associate (CUNA), as of March 2012, credit unions alone had over 94 million members who belonged to at least 7,300 credit unions throughout the United States. This does not include the millions of customers of banks and all other financial institutions throughout the United States. At times it is quite difficult to locate attorneys who are familiar with creditor rights and financial legal practice. The Credit Union Attorneys Legal Directory was created in order to assist attorneys throughout the United States in associating counsel and referring legal matters in all fields of law, particularly those related to creditors' rights, financial institutions and credit unions. Top
9. I'm a current subscriber. How do I log in to manage my listings?
Send an email to LDI@creditunionatty.com requesting a password to your account. Be sure and include the Firm Name and the name of the person who will be the account holder. We will send you a temporary password to log into your account. When you log into your account for the first time, be sure and change your password and keep it secure. Top
10. How do I change my email address that I use to log into my account?
If you need to change the email address of the account, send an email to LDI@creditunionatty.com requesting the change and provide the new email address along with your Firm name. You will be notified via the new email address when the change has been made and you can log into your account with the new email address. Top
11. I'm a current subscriber. Can I still email my listing changes to LDI??
Yes. If you are more comfortable with emailing your changes to LDI, you can continue to do that and our staff will be happy to edit your listing. Top
12. Can I still pay my subscription fee by check?
Yes. Send a check for the total amount due made payable to Legal Directory, Inc, to 4276 Lomac Street, Montgomery, AL 36106. Be sure and include your email address with your check. We will set your listings as Active when we receive your payment. If you have any questions, please email us. Top
13. How long as the directory been in existence?
The Credit Union Attorneys Legal Directory was first published in 1977 and provided as a hard copy directory to thousands of credit unions throughout the country. It became available on the internet in 1999 at www.creditunionatty.com and the last hardcopy was published in 2004. This new update to the website now allows attorneys to create and update their own listings at their convenience. Top